Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sawtell/Tarbell Connection

The other day I received two letters from Margot Gifford who lives in New York. She is researching the Sawtell line, which is connected to mine through Amy Julietta Tarbell, who married James Avidon Sawtell.

Margot sent me some information that she tracked down regarding the ancestry of James Avidon Sawtell back to 16th-century England, as well as a copy of a letter which she received from Andrew Ojanen of the Chester [VT] Historical Society. This letter relayed that he has also been in contact with Erin Thompson of Vermont (of whom I have also been in contact with) and various information dealing with the Sawtell and Tarbell connections. There was also a reference to me.

Other than adding this information to my genealogy, I haven't been doing much. I have an appointment at Wisconsin Vital Recs on Wilson St., on the 16th of January.

No comments: